Sunday, March 08, 2009

10 things Linux does better than Windows

10 things Linux does better than Windows | 10 Things | TechRepublic.com
If you tallied up the strengths and weaknesses of Linux and Windows, which OS would come out ahead? According to Jack Wallen, superiority in security, flexibility, interoperability, community, and command-line power (among other things) put Linux well ahead. See if you agree with his assessment.

Throughout my 10+ years of using Linux, I have heard about everything that Windows does better than Linux. So I thought it time to shoot back and remind everyone of what Linux does better than Windows. Of course, being the zealot that I am, I could list far more than 10 items. But I will stick with the theme and list only what I deem to be the 10 areas where Linux not only does better than Windows but blows it out of the water

#1: TCO

#2: Desktop

#3: Server

#4: Security

#5: Flexibility

#6: Package management

#7: Community

#8: Interoperability

#9: Command line

#10: Evolution




No comments:

Post a Comment