Skip to main content

Drupal 7 preview

i installed latest development snapshot of Drupal 7. I found that a lot things have been changed. Whole core is rewritten with PHP 5.2 as base to utilize improvements done in language, like pdo, better timezone handling, etc and few important modules have been moved to core.
Database layer is rewritten using pdo, now it supports more databases.jquery ui is added to core. cck and jqury plugin manager is moved into core.
Seven is the new admin theme, it is single column theme. 1st september was expected to be release date of beta of Drupal 7 but there is a lot work still remain to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installing Ralink 3090 wifi driver

I installed Kubuntu 10.10 on my new laptop, my laptop is Compaq CQ62- 308AX. It has Ralink 3090 wifi, which is not automatically detected by Kubuntu. Even restricted driver manager does not show any option for this device. So I downloaded the driver from Ralink site (http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=2).  It is in the source format. I thought I might have to patch the kernel source. I went through the readme file and I found that I don’t have to compile kernel ( yippee an hr saved). Only device driver source is needed to be compile. These days things are much more simple. So I compiled the driver by running command “make” and installed it by “make install”.  It has compiled other ralink wifi modules along with 3090 module. After installation (using ‘make install’)  reboot the machine, reboot is not necessary in Linux after installing driver.  After reboot it loaded incorrect  rt2086 module. So I tried manually unloading and loading module using insmode...

html encode/decode in drupal

Like all major CMS drupal stores text fields in encoded html format, to prevent cross site scripting attacks. Some times drupal does not process custom fields and encoded text is displayed as it is. I come across similar issue in my current project. I also post question on StackOverflow. While search for solution I come to know about decode_entities function. decode_entities converts html encoded text to more friendly text. Similary to encode special charters in text you can use check_plain. decode_entities function http://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/includes!unicode.inc/function/decode_entities/7 check_plain function http://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/includes!bootstrap.inc/function/check_plain/7 My question on StackOverflow http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14229641/rss-feeds-view-showing-encoded-special-character-in-title

Adding additional class to a button in drupal

Recently we were building a multi-domain site, we are using same theme for all sites but we want to have different colors for buttons for each domain. We achieved this using my overriding theme_button in template.php of theme, here is the snippet. /** * Overwrite theme_button() * @file template.php */ function mytheme_button($variables) { $element = $variables['element']; // Add some extra conditions to make sure we're only adding // the classto the right submit button Now add our custom class if (isset($element['#attributes'])) { $element['#attributes']['class'] [] = 'button'; $domain = domain_get_domain(); $element['#attributes']['class'] [] = $domain['machine_name']; } $variables['element'] = $element; return theme_button($variables); }